The research activities of the Ecodynamics Group (www.ecodynamics.unisi.it) span the disciplinary areas of physical chemistry, environmental chemistry and cultural heritage with the aim of defining, on a scientific basis, general criteria for sustainable and lasting development and adopting increasingly accurate tools for understanding real physical processes and systems. This research operates on two levels:
- Formalization of the epistemological basis of sustainable development: empirical observations, in the field of oscillating chemical reactions and complex systems, allow the identification of general behaviors of open systems, dissipative structures and living systems. The purpose is to deepen our understanding of natural and anthropogenic systems and to investigate the formation of internal processes of self-organization based on the relationships between constituent elements and exchanges with the external environment.
- Elaboration of environmental modeling applied to real physical systems: techniques for the study and representation of systems through patterns of relationships (energy systems theory) and methodologies of environmental monitoring and accounting are used for the calculation of indicators and synthetic information processing with applications to transformation processes, ecosystems, spatial and economic systems, urban systems and cultural heritage.
- University of Copenhagen, Denmark. Department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, Prof. Sven E. Jørgensen.
- University of Coimbra, Portugal. IMAR Institute of Marine Research, Prof. Joao Marques.
- University of Kiel, Germany. Department of Pharmacy, Prof. Felix Muller.
- Dublin Institute of Thechnology, Ireland. Energy Laboratory, Prof. Aidan Duffy.
- Environmental Protection Agency, Narraganset (RI) U.S.A. Atlantic Ecology Division, Prof. Daniel Campbell.
- Global Footprint Network, Aokland (CA) U.S.A. Mathis Wackernagel Ph.D.
- MIT Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge (MA) U.S.A. SENSEable City Lab, Prof. Carlo Ratti.
- Ohio State University, Columbus (OH) U.S.A. Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Prof. Bhavik Bakshi.
- University of Genoa, Department for the Study of the Territory and its Resources, Prof. Mauro Fabiano.
- University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Environmental and Land Sciences, Prof. Demetrio Pitea.
- University la Sapienza of Rome, Department of Energetics, Prof. Enrico Sciubba.
- University of Venice, Department of Physical Chemistry, Prof. Roberto Pastres.
- IRES Institute of Economic and Social Research, Piemonte, Dr F. Ferlaino, Dr M. Bagliani.
- CIRPS Interuniversity Center for Research on Sustainable Development. La Sapienza University, Rome. Dr Francesca Farioli
- Community4Innovation (Innovative Sustainable Economy). Partners: Balmes University Foundation – BETA Technological Centre (ES), REVOLVE (ES), Dynamic Vision (EL), Centre for Energy, Environment and Resources (BA), Association of Cities and Regions for Sustainable Resource Management (BE), Mediterranean Information Office for Environment, Culture and Sustainable Development (EL), Business and Innovation Sea Cluster – Toulon Var Technology (FR), Waste Agency of Catalonia – MedWaves, the UNEP/MAP Regional Activity Centre for SCP (ES), Green Synergy Cluster (BG); Period: 2023 - 2029; Notes: Interreg Euro MED co-founded by European Union ; Institutions: EU
- EUSTEPs (Enhanching Universities’Sustainability Teaching and Practices though Ecological Footprint). Partners: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (EL); University of Aveiro (PT); Universidade Aberta (PT); Global Footprint Network;Period: 2019-2022; Notes: co-founded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union ; Institutions: EU
- City Minded (City monitoring and integrated design for decarbonisation). Partners: IRENA (HR), UNIROMA3 (IT), Universidad Pablo de Olavide (E), MIEMA (M); Period: 2029 – 2022; Institutions: EU
- Build in Wood (Sustainable wood chains for construction of low-carbon multi-storey buildings from renewable resouces). Partners: Danish Technological Institute (DK), Norsk Treteknisk Institutt (NO), C. F. Møller Architects (SE), National Technical University of Athens (EL), Urbasofia (RO), Agenția Metropolitană Brașov (RO), Waugh Thistleton Architects (UK), Alexandra Institute (DK), proHolz Tirol (AT), Bimetica (ES), Rothoblaas (IT), rtd services OG (AT), Adserballe & Knudsen (DK), Ergodomus (IT), Habitech (IT), Splitkon (NO), Knauf (DE), Scandi Byg (DK), hsbcad (DE), EllisDon (CAN); Period: 2019 – 2023; Notes: founded by Horizon 2020; Institutions: EU
- BLUE DEAL (Blue Energy Deployment Alliance). Partners: ENEA (IT), CEEI Valencia (ES), UNIZAG FSB (HR), Dynamic Vision (GR), CRES (GR), CEA (CY), CLANER (ES), AKBN (AL), INDACO2 (IT), Geoimaging limited (CY), U-Space España SL (ES); Period: 2019 – 2022; Notes: Founded by interreg MED; Institutions: EU
- MAESTRALE (Maritime Energy Deployment Strategy in the Mediterranean). Partner: CEEI Business Innovation Centre of Valencia (ES), IRENA Istrian Regional Energy Agency L.t.d. (HR), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (GR), Goriška local energy agency, Nova Gorica (SL), Oceanography centre, University of Cyprus (CY), INFORMEST (IT), UAlg University of Algarve (PT), ARFVG Autonomous Region Friuli Venezia Giulia (IT), CMMA Maritime Cluster of Andalusia (ES), MIEMA Malta Intelligent Energy Management Agency (MT); Institutions: EU
- The Sun in the Plate (characterization of foods on the basis of the Emergy methodology). Partners: Fondazione MPS; Period: (https://www.ecodynamics.unisi.it/en/the-sun-in-the-plate/
- BASIQ – Bottega Alimentare della Sostenibilità, Identità e Qualità; Partners: Terre di Siena Lab, INDACO, DSFTA, DSV, IVALSA; Founded by PSR Regione Toscana (2016-2017)
- SCOOL FOOD (food and the environment, sustainability and agriculture, energy, lifestyles and conscious consumption) Partner: Fondazione MPS; 2016-2017
- ENEPLAN (Developing skills in the field of integrated energy planning in MED landscapes) Partner: Università degli studi Roma Tre (IT), Università degli studi di Camerino (IT), Malta Intelligent Energy Management Agency (MT), Universitade do Algarve (PT), Universidad Pablo de Olavide (ES), American University of Beirut (LB), Lebanese University (LB), Libanaise Association for Energy Saving and Environment ALMEE (Lebanon), Mediterranean Durably Green (MEDGREEN), Zewail City of Science and Technology (EG), Ain Shams University (EG), Al-Balqa’ Applied University (JO), Jordan University of Science and Technology (JO), Princess Sumaya University for Technology (JO), University of Jordan (JO), Petra Education Company (JO), Royal Scientific Society (JO); Period: 2015-2017;
- City-Zen – Zero Energy Cities (A city operating entirely on clean energy) Partners: Vision on technology (VITO), Amsterdam Smart City, Utrecht University, Westpoort Warmte, Alliander, HESPUL, Queen’s University of Belfast, TH!nk E, DNV GL, University of Delft, Waternet, Neosmart, Sanquin, Amsterdam Economic Board, Daikin, Siemens, Comune di Grebonle, Commissariat à l’énergie atomique, Compagnie de chauffage di Grebonle, Gaz et Électricité de Grenoble, Atos Worldgird, Clicks and Links Ltd, AEB, Grenoble’s local energy an climate agency, Greboble Alpes Métropole, Greenalp; Period: 2014-2019; Methods: assessment of GHG emissions, ex-ante evaluation of the effects of mitigation strategies, visualisation of the Carbon Footprint, dynamic representation of the “decarbonisation
- Ecosystem Services – The richness of a Park in Salento https://www.ecodynamics.unisi.it/en/ecosystem-services-the-richness-of-a-park-in-salento/
- MAB3 – MacroAlgae Biorefinery () Partner: Danish Technological Institute, Aarhus University, National University of Ireland, Danish Shellfish Centre, DTU, University of Hamburg, Orbicon, DONG, Vitalys, DanGrønt Products, Period: 2012- 2016; Methods: LCA, ReCiPe methodology, USEtox methodology
- GREENED (Rampant Gardens for the Energy Efficiency of Buildings) Partners: Department of Urban and Spatial Planning University of Florence Methods: LCA, Emergy Evaluation, Air Quality Period: 2011-2013 Notes: selected under the 2009 call for proposals to support research projects in socioeconomic and human sciences, P.A.R.FAS REGIONE TOSCANA action line 1.1.a.3. Institution: Tuscany Region
- SICAMOR (Development of Chemical Investigations Applied to the Maintenance of Works and Restoration) Partners: Department of Earth Sciences-University of Siena, Department of Chemistry "Ugo Schiff"-University of Florence, Method: ToF-SIMS, unidirectional NMR, SEM-EDS, XRF,XRD,DTA-TGA, micro-Raman, FT-IR Period: 2011-2013 Notes: selected under the 2009 call for proposals for support for research projects in socioeconomic and human sciences, P. A.R.FAS REGIONE TOSCANA action line 1.1.a.3. . Institution: Tuscany Region
- SUMFLOWER (Sustainable Management of Floriculture in the Riviera di Ponente), Partners: University of Genoa Method/Methods: LCA, Water Footprint, Period:2010-2011, Notes: The LIFE+ project 09ENVI/IT/067. "SUMFLOWER" falls under the LIFE+ Environment Policy and Governance projects. Institution: Tuscany Region
- BALLO (Biofuels from Algae in the Lagoon of Lesina and Orbetello), Method: LCA Period/Period:2010-2011 . Institution: MIPAAF Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry.
- REGES: Project for the verification and certification of the Reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emissions in the territory of the Province of Siena. Method: Greenhouse Gas Inventory, ISO 14064 certification. Period: 2007-2010. Institution: Province of Siena, http://www.provincia.siena.it/pages/default2.asp?cod=915
- MoTo - Mobility Tuscany: monitoring urban dynamics in the metropolitan area of Central Tuscany. Method: Technique based on mobile telecommunication technologies. Period: 2009-2010. Institution: Tuscany Region. Notes: selected under the call for research and innovation in the territorial and environmental field of the General Directorate of Territorial Environmental Policies of the Region of Tuscany.
The work of the Ecodynamics Group includes the testing of methodologies for environmental sustainability assessment and the development of synthetic indicators on a thermodynamic basis. Specific expertise in the area of environmental accounting techniques and for monitoring social dynamics are complementary to the procedures of environmental certification, ISO 14000 series and Emas. Survey methodologies developed by researchers in the ecodynamics group are:
- GhG - greenhouse gas inventory and emission certification ISO 14064: a method of accounting for greenhouse gas emissions detected in a territory for various sectors of activity and surveying the absorption capacity by local ecosystems. The methodology is associated with the procedures for certifying the status of greenhouse gas emissions according to the ISO 14064 standard.
- EE - eMergetic assessment: thermodynamically based environmental accounting method (devised by H.T. Odum of the University of Florida). It measures the intensity of environmental resource use by a population relative to the specific characteristics of the settlement pattern present in the area (population, size, activities, consumption, production, land use).
- EF - Ecological Footprint: a method of accounting (devised by W.E. Rees and M. Wackernagel - Ecological Footprint Network, Oackland, CA) that expresses the anthropogenic pressure of a population on a territory in terms of the amount of biologically productive land area required to regenerate all consumed resources and absorb emissions; the total area of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems surveyed in a territory is called Biocapacity. By comparing Ecological Footprint and Biocapacity, the ecological deficit or surplus of a region can be calculated. The study of specific activity sectors or transformation processes includes tourism, agroforestry, water and waste management, and manufacturing activities. The Ecological Footprint Forum was held in Siena in 2006 (Siena and Colle di Val d'Elsa, June 14-17) and 2010 (Siena and Colle di Val d'Elsa, June 7-11).
- ISEW - Index of Sustainable Economic Welfare: an economic-environmental accounting method that measures wealth in the local area in a complementary way to GDP and traditional economic accounting systems, estimating economic, social and environmental elements and their impact, starting with private consumption, on citizens' welfare conditions. The calculation of this index at the regional level is a peculiarity of the Ecodynamics Group.
- LCA - Life Cycle Assessment (LCA): an analytical method of assessing the potential environmental impacts (e.g. global warming, acidification, eutrophication etc.) associated with a production process (industrial, artisanal, agribusiness etc.). It allows an environmental profile of a good produced through a series of transformation processes to be outlined by estimating the potential environmental effects due to emissions (solid, liquid and/or gaseous) attributed to the various processes throughout the production chain "from cradle to grave," i.e., from raw material sampling to product disposal.
- ESV - Evaluation of Ecosystem Services - The goods (such as the provision of food and materials) and services (such as waste assimilation or climate regulation) of ecosystems represent the benefits that humans derive, directly or indirectly, from ecosystem functions, the value of which can be calculated by means of economic-environmental tools. The value of ecosystem services can be used to assess the real importance of the environment to human activity. The Ecodynamics Group is a member of the Ecosystem Services Partnership.
- BZ - oscillating chemical reactions: development of biomimetic reactors (lipid bilayers, micelles, etc.) coupled with BZ reactions for gathering information useful for understanding the development of early cellular forms. Oscillating Belousov-Zhabotinsky-type (BZ) chemical reactions are laboratory models capable of reproducing complex biological phenomena, such as enzymatic and metabolic cycles, morphogenesis, somitogenesis, etc., in a controlled environment.
- BTL - Biomass to Liquid - feasibility analysis for biomass utilization: wide range of physicochemical analysis applied to residual biomass (agro-forestry, organic waste, algae) to estimate the potential yield of liquid biofuel production (bioethanol, biodiesel).
- Reaction Kinetics, Mechanisms and Catalysis, January 2022.
Inhibition of the urea-urease reaction by the components of the zeolite imidazole frameworks-8 and the formation of urease-zinc-imidazole hybrid compound.Német, N., Miele, Y., Shuszter, G., Toth, E.L., Maroti, J.E., Szabò, P.J., Rossi, F., Lagzi, I.
- Ecological Indicators, December 2021. Insights into nitrogen footprint accounting for products and application to an organic pig farm. Niccolucci, V., Marchi M., Neri, E., Pulselli, R.M., Bastianoni, S., Marchettini N.
- Current opinion in food science, December 2021, Sustainability-oriented research and innovation in ‘farm to fork’ value chains. Riccaboni, A., Neri, E., Trovarelli, F., Pulselli, R.M.
- Dyes and Pigments, December 2021. A selective Nile Red based solvatochromic probe: A study of fluorescence in LUVs and GUVs model membranes. Sessa, L., Concilio, S., Di Martino, M., Nardiello, A.M., Miele, Y., Rossi, F., Brunetti, J., Panunzi, B., Piotto, S.
- Environmental science & policy, November 2021. Investigating environment-society-economy relations in time series in Europe using a synthetic input-state-output framework. Sporchia, F., Paneni, A., Pulselli, F.M., Caro, D., Bartolini, S., Coscieme, L.
- Rendiconti Lincei, September 2021. The fascinating world of mayenite (Ca12Al14O33) and its derivatives. Intiso, A., Rossi, F., Proto, A., Cucciniello, R.
- Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, August 2021.
Synchronization scenarios induced by delayed communication in arrays of diffusively coupled autonomous chemical oscillators. Budroni, M.A., Pagano, G., Conte, D., Paternoster, B., Ristori, S., Abou-Hassan, A., Rossi, F.
- Life, July 2021. Effect of the membrane composition of giant unilamellar vesicles on their budding probability: A trade-off between elasticity and preferred area difference. Miele, Y., Holló, G., Lagzi, I., Rossi, F.
- Ecosystem Services, April 2021. Benefit transfer and the economic value of Biocapacity: Introducing the ecosystem service Yield factor. Niccolucci, V., Coscieme, L., Marchettini, N.
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta – General Subjects, April 2021. Hybrid giant lipid vesicles incorporating a PMMA-based copolymer. Miele, Y., Mingotaud, A.-F., Caruso, E., Malacarne, M.C., Izzo, L., Lonetti, B., Rossi, F.
- Ecological Indicators, March 2021. The biocapacity adjusted economic growth. Developing a new indicator. Gabbi, G., Matthias, M., Patrizi, N., Pulselli, F.M., Bastianoni, S.
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, March 2021. Future city visions. The energy transition towards carbon-neutrality: lessons learned from the case of Roeselare, Belgium. Pulselli, R.M., Broersma, S., Martin, C.L., Keeffe, G., Bastianoni, S., van den Dobbelsteen, A.
- Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, February 2021. Shape changes and budding of giant vesicles induced by an internal chemical trigger: an interplay between osmosis and pH change. Holló, G., Miele, Y., Rossi, F., Lagzi, I.
- World Congress in Computational Mechanics and ECCOMAS Congress, January 2021. A model for coupled belousov-zhabotinsky oscillators with delay.
Pagano, G., Budroni, M.A., D’ambrosio, R., Conte, D., Hassan, A.A., Ristori, S., Rossi, F., Paternoster, B.
- Frontiers in Sustainable Food Systems, October 2020. Sustainability Assessment of Biorefinery Systems Based on Two Food Residues in Africa. Patrizi, N., Bruno, M., Saladini. F., Parisi, M.L., Pulselli, R.M., Bjerre, A.B., Bastianoni, S.
- Chemical Communications, October 2020. Microfluidic compartmentalization of diffusively coupled oscillators in multisomes induces a novel synchronization scenario. Budroni, M.A., Torbensen, K., Pantani, O.L., Ristori, S., Rossi, F., Abou-Hassan, A.
- Frontiers in Energy Research, September 2020. Editorial: Perspectives for Marine Energy in the Mediterranean Area. Bastianoni, S., Praticò, C., Damasiotis, M., Pulselli, R.M.
- Journal of Physical Chemistry, September 2020. Hofmeister Effect in Self-Organized Chemical Systems. Budroni, M.A., Rossi, F., Marchettini, N., Wodlei, F., Lo Nostro, P., Rustici, M.
- Molecules, August 2020. A flavone-based solvatochromic probe with a low expected perturbation impact on the membrane physical state.
Concilio, S., Di Martino, M., Nardiello, A.M., Papunzi, B., Sessa, L., Miele, Y., Rossi, F., Piotto, S.
- Entropy, July 2020. Thermodynamics in ecology-An introductory review.
Nielsen, S.N., Müller, F., Marques, J.C., Bastianoni, S., Jørgensen, S.E.
- Ecological Modeling, June 2020.
Enzo Tiezzi, turning pioneering into modern ideas: tempos, Ecodynamics and sustainable economy. Giannetti, B.F., Almeida, C.M.V.B., Agostigho, F., Sulis, F., Coscieme, L., Pulselli, F.M., Bastianoni, S., Marchettini, N.
- Waste management, March 2020. Improving the carbon footprint of food and packaging waste management in a supermarket of the Italian retail sector.
Marrucci, L., Marchi, M., Daddi, T.
- Chemical Science, March 2020. Self-division of giant vesicles driven by an internal enzymatic reaction. Miele, Y., Medveczky, Z., Holló, G., Tegze, B., Derényi, I., Hórvölgyi, Z., Altamura, E., Lagzi, I., Rossi, F.
- Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, March 2020. Membrane Structure Drives Synchronization Patterns in Arrays of Diffusively Coupled Self-Oscillating Droplets. Budroni, M.A., Torbensen, K., Ristori, S., Abou-Hassan, A., Rossi, F.
- Lecture Notes in Bioengineering (book chapter), 2020. Composition and Microstructure of Biocompatible and pH-Sensitive Copolymers Prepared by a Free Solvent ARGET ATRP. Miele, Y., Mella, M., Izzo, L., Rossi, F.
ISSN: 2195-271X, 2195-2728
- Scientific Reports, December 2019. Influence of the synthesis method on the catalytic activity of mayenite for the oxidation of gas-phase trichloroethylene.
Intiso, A., Martinez-Triguero, J., Cucciniello, R., Rossi, F., Palomares, A.E.
- Science of the Total Environment, November 2019. Environmental footprint family to address local to planetary sustainability and deliver on the SDGs.
Vanham, D., Leip, A., Galli, A., Kastner, T., Bruckner, M., Uwizeye, A., van Dijk, K., Dalin, C., Brandao, M., Bastianoni, S., Fang, K., Leach, A., Chapagain, A., Van der Velde, M., Sala, S., Pant, R., Mancini, L., Monforti-Ferrario, F., Carmona-Garcia, G., Marques, A., Weiss, F., Hoekstra, A.Y.
- Environmental Technology and Innovation, November 2019. Optimization of the anaerobic denitrification process mediated by Bacillus cereus in a batch reactor.
Zarrella, I., Matrella, S., Fortunato, G., Marchettini, N., Proto, A., Motta, O., Rossi, F.
- Agricultural Systems, November 2019. Emergy accounting as a support for a strategic planning towards a regional sustainable milk production.
Agostinho, F., Oliveira, M.W., Pulselli, F.M., Almeida, C.M.V.B., Giannetti, B.F.
- Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, November 2019.
Trichloroethylene solubilization using a series of commercial biodegradable ethoxylated fatty alcohol surfactants. Garza-Arévalo, J.I., Intiso, A., Proto, A., Rossi, F., Sanchez-Dominguez, M.
- RSC Advances, October 2019. Exploring the water/oil/water interface of phospholipid stabilized double emulsions by micro-focusing synchrotron SAXS.
Clemente, I., Torbensen, K., Di Cola, E., Rossi, F., Ristori, S., Abou-Hassan, A.
- Catalysts, September 2019.
Oxidative degradation of trichloroethylene over Fe2O3-doped mayenite: Chlorine poisoning mitigation and improved catalytic performance.
Cucciniello, R., Intiso, A., Siciliano, T., Palomares, A.E., Martínez-Triguero, J., Cerrillo, J.R., Proto, A., Rossi, F.
- Frontiers in Energy Research, August 2019. A Sustainability 3D Framework of the 20 Regions of Italy and Comparison With World Countries.
Pulselli, F.M., Sani, A., Goffetti, G., Coscieme, L., Bastianoni, S.
- Applied Sciences, August 2019.Chemical composition and micro morphology of golden laminae in the wall painting La Maestà by Simone Martini: A study by optical microscopy, XRD, FESEM-EDS and ToF-SIMS. Atrei, A., Scala, A., Giamello, M., Uva, M., Pulselli, R.M., Marchettini, N.
- Climatic Change, August 2019. The carbon footprint of Danish diets.
Bruno, M., Thomsen, M., Pulselli, F.M., Patrizi, N., Marini, M., Caro, D.
- Sustainability, August 2019. Overcoming the Myths of Mainstream Economics to Enable a New Wellbeing Economy. Coscieme, L., Sutton, P., Mortensen, L.F., Kubiszewski, I., Costanza, R., Trebeck, K., Pulselli, F.M., Giannetti, B.F., Fioramonti, L.
- Ecological Indicators, May 2019. The needs of sustainability: The overarching contribution of systems approach. Bastianoni, S., Coscieme, L., Caro, D., Marchettini, N., Pulselli, F.M.
- Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, May 2019. Multivariate statistical analysis of chemical and electrochemical oscillators for an accurate frequency selection.
Kitagaki, B.T., Pinto, M.R., Queiroz, A.C., Breitkreitz, M.C., Rossi, F., Nagao, R.
- Communications in Computer and Information Science, May 2019. The relevance of inorganic nonlinear chemical reactions for the origin of life studies.
Miele, Y., Medveczky, Z., Lagzi, I., Budroni, M.A., Rossi, F.
- Frontiers in Energy Research, April 2019. Lifecycle environmental impact assessment of an overtopping wave energy converter embedded in breakwater systems. Patrizi, N., Pulselli, R.M., Neri, E., Niccolucci, V., Vicinanza, D., Contestabile, P., Bastianoni, S.
- Sustainability, January 2019. Sustainable development goals indicators: A methodological proposal for a multidimensional fuzzy index in the mediterranean area. Casini, M., Bastianoni, S., Gagliardi, F., Gigliotti, M., Riccaboni, A., Betti, G.
- Journal of Cleaner Production, January 2019. Carbon accounting framework for decarbonisation of European city neighbourhoods. Pulselli, R.M., Marchi, M., Neri, E., Marchettini, N., Bastianoni, S.
- Catalysts, January 2019. A novel synthetic route to prepare high surface area mayenite catalyst for TCE oxidation.
Intiso, A., Martinez-Triguero, J., Cucciniello, R., Proto, A., Palomares, A.E., Rossi, F.
- Journal of CO2 Utilization, December 2018. CO2 recovery from wine production: Possible implications on the carbon balance at territorial level.
Marchi, M., Neri, E., Pulselli, F.M., Bastianoni, S.
- Frontiers in Energy Research, December 2018. Disaggregating the SWOT analysis of marine renewable energies. Goffetti, G., Montini, M., Volpe, F., Gigliotti, M., Pulselli, F.M., Sannino, G., Marchettini, N.
- Technological Forecasting and Social Change, December 2018. Predicting Sustainable Economic Welfare – Analysis and perspectives for Luxembourg based on energy policy scenarios. Rugani, B., Marvuglia, A., Pulselli, F.M.
- Environmental Technology and Innovation, November 2018. Enhanced solubility of trichloroethylene (TCE) by a poly-oxyethylene alcohol as green surfactant.
Intiso, A., Miele, Y., Marchettini, N., Proto, A., Sánchez-Domínguez, M., Rossi, F.
- Frontiers in Energy Research, October 2018. Marine energy exploitation in the mediterranean region: Steps forward and challenges. Pisacane, G., Sannino, G., Carillo, A., Struglia, M.V., Bastianoni, S.
- Resources, October 2018 The ecological footprint accounting of products: When larger is not worse. Patrizi, N., Niccolucci, V., Pulselli, R.M., Neri, E., Bastianoni, S.
- WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, October 2018.
Categorization and geo-localization of marine renewable energies for the Mediterranean area. Goffetti, G., Patrizi, N., Neri, E., Magaudda, S., Pulselli, R.M., Bastianoni, S.
- WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, October 2018.
Energy transition for the decarbonisation of urban neighborhoods: A case study in Seville, Spain. Pulselli, R.M., Maccanti, M., Marrero, M., Van den Dobblsteen, A., Martin, C., Marchettini, N.
- WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, October 2018.
Relationship between the sustainable development goals framework and emergy evaluation for an environmental assessment of the 2030 agenda.
Gigliotti, M., Niccolucci, V., Marchi, M., Gagliardi, F., Pulselli, F.M.
- Journal of Cleaner Production, September 2018.
Environmental hot-spots and improvement scenarios for Tuscan “Pecorino” cheese using Life Cycle Assessment. Mondello, G., Salomone, R., Neri, E., Patrizi, N., Bastianoni, S., Lanuzza, F.
- Ecological Indicators, August 2018.
Linking the water-energy-food nexus and sustainable development indicators for the Mediterranean region. Saladini, F., Betti, G., Ferragina, E., Bouraoui, F., Cupertino, S., Canitano, G., Gigliotti, M., Autino, A., Pulselli, F.M., Riccaboni, A., Bidoglio, G., Bastianoni, S.
- International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, July 2018.
Characterization of organic binders in a 13th century painted wooden panel: Comparison of ToF-SIMS and Dot-ELISA results.
Atrei, A., Benetti, F., Potenza, M., Dei, L., Carretti, E., Niccolucci, V., Marchettini, N.
- Resources, July 2018.
Implications of land-grabbing on the ecological balance of Brazil.
Coscieme, L., Niccolucci, V., Giannetti, B.F., Pulselli, F.M., Marchettini, N., Sutton, P.C.
- Journal of Cleaner Production, June 2018.
Environmental policies for GHG emissions reduction and energy transition in the medieval historic centre of Siena (Italy): the role of solar energy.
Marchi, M., Niccolucci, V., Pulselli, R.M., Marchettini, N.
- Science of the Total Environment, May 2018.
Sustainability of agro-livestock integration: Implications and results of Emergy evaluation.
Patrizi, N., Niccolucci, V., Castellini, C., Pulselli, F.M., Bastianoni, S.
- Ecosystem Services, April 2018.
Exploring ecosystem services assessment through Ecological Footprint accounting.
Mancini, M.S., Galli, A., Coscieme, L., Niccolucci, V., Lin, D., Pulselli, F.M., Bastianoni, S., Marchettini, N.
- Ecosystem Services, April 2018.
Synergies between industry and nature – An emergy evaluation of a biodiesel production system integrated with ecological systems.
Saladini, F., Gopalakrishnan, V., Bastianoni, S., Bakshi, B.R.
- Energies, April 2018.
From problems to potentials-the urban energy transition of Gruž, Dubrovnik.
Van Den Dobbelsteen, A., Martin, C.L., Keeffe, G., Pulselli, R.M., Vandevyvere, H.
- Ecosystem Services, April 2018.
Human-nature nexuses: Broadening knowledge on integrated biosphere-technosphere modelling to advance the assessment of ecosystem services.
Rugani, B., Maes, J., Othoniel, B., Pulselli, F.M., Schaubroeck, T., Ziv, G.
- Journal of Cleaner Production, February 2018.
Learning and teaching sustainability: The contribution of Ecological Footprint calculators.
Collins, A., Galli, A., Patrizi, N., Pulselli, F.M.
- Ecological Indicators, January 2018
Imputing missing data in non-renewable empower time series from night-time lights observations.
Neri, L., Coscieme, L., Giannetti, B.F., Pulselli, F.M.
- Encyclopedia of Ecology (book chapter), 2018
Emergy and sustainability.
Ridolfi, R., Pulselli, F.M., Morandi, F., Oliveira, M., Bastianoni, S.
- Encyclopedia of Ecology (book chapter), 2018
Ecological systems thinking.
Orr, D.W., Niccolucci, V., Bastianoni, S.
- Prof.ssa Nadia Marchettini
- Prof. Simone Bastianoni
- Prof. Federico Maria Pulselli
- Prof. Federico Rossi
- Dr.ssa Valentina Nicolucci
- Dr.ssa Paola Albanese
- Dr.ssa Carmela Gioia
- Dr.ssa Elena Neri
- Dr.ssa Nicoletta Patrizi
PHD Students, research associates and fellows
- Dr.ssa Morena Bruno
- Dr.ssa Michela Marchi
- Dr.ssa Marlyse Meffo Kemda
- Dr. Enrico Nocentini
- Dr.ssa Anna Ruini
- Dr. Fabio Sporchia
- Dr.ssa Nadia Valletti