The Sixteenth Topical Seminar on "Innovative particle and radiation detectors" IPRD23 will take place in the San Francesco Crypt and Cloister, University of Siena, Piazza San Francesco 7/8, 53100 Siena, Italy, from 25 to 29 September 2023.
The Seminar is the sixteenth in a series devoted, over a time span of 40 years, to detectors and experiments for high-energy particle physics and astrophysics. The previous ones were held in San Miniato (1984, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1993, 1996, 1998) and in Siena (2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019). The 2023 Seminar will again focus on advanced technologies in particle physics at collider experiments, and in cosmic ray and astrophysics experiments, including balloon-borne, space-based and ground-based experiments. Special attention will be devoted to the application of these detectors in other fields, such as detectors for medicine and biology, homeland security control, muon-tomography of archeological and geophysical structures, and environmental monitoring. We will also consider the outreacxh of the research on detectors. The participation of representatives from industry will make it possible to discuss future applications of basic research. The Seminar will be based on review talks summarizing the progress of complex R&D projects and major facilities. Shorter talks will cover contributions on specific items. The presentation of posters is also foreseen.
- Tracking detectors
- Detectors for X and gamma ray astrophysics
- Cosmic ray experiments in space, on the Earth's surface, and underground
- Neutrino experiments
- Radiation-hard detectors and electronics
- Muon-tomography of archeological and geophysical structures
- Detectors for medicine and biology
- Large X-ray and muon systems for homeland security control
- Simulations and new computing methods, including machine learning techniques
- Detectors for environmental controls
Attendance will be limited to approximately one hundred and fifty participants.
WEB SITE OF THE CONFERENCE: